6 Alternatives to Expensive Salon Treatments
Whether you’ve been avoiding the spa due to the cost or COVID, these DIY beauty treatments can keep you looking and feeling your best without leaving home.
You’d like to look like the Instagram models. But first money and now quarantines make a spa visit impossible. Don’t despair! You’ll look wonderful without setting food in a spa!
Thankfully, spa treatments, expensive exfoliations, and laser surgeries do not remain on my to-do list since discovering reasonable beauty tips that both increase my confidence and help me look as great as I feel.
My practical beauty tricks to increase your confidence and free your resources include:
1. Whiten your teeth with baking soda.
Get the same results as a professional treatment with weekly use.
Simply add a teaspoon to your toothbrush and watch the stains fade away.
2. Use peppermint oil on your lips.
Having a girl’s night out? Use peppermint essential oil, diluted with water or added to your lip gloss, to successfully plump up your lips.
Start living better for less.
Subscribe to get money-saving content by email that can help you stretch your dollars further.
Twice each week you'll receive articles and tips that can help you free up and keep more of your hard-earned money, even on the tightest of budgets.
Subscribers receive a free copy of our eBook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better for Less.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
3. Fade those stretch marks
With regular exfoliation and peels, your stretch marks will be ancient history.
Create effective body exfoliation soap at home by simply adding salt or sugar to your body soap. Add a bi-monthly natural pumpkin or TCA peel to the mix to get fast results.
4. Get youthful skin without a doctor
Get your glow back and maintain it by adding chlorophyll rich foods like chards, kale, lime, and wheatgrass to your diet. Don’t forget to take a daily multi-vitamin high in B-vitamins and flush Niacin to get those rosy cheeks, rejuvenate your skin, and increase your energy to boot!
Related: DIY Anti-Aging Beauty Recipes
5. Get back youthful hair to match your radiant complexion
Witness your hair go from dry to healthy! A natural scalp treatment once a week can improve texture and volume and increase hair growth.
Use coconut oil to improve shine and thickness. Just apply generously to the scalp and leave on for 20 minutes before shampooing as normal.
6. Liposuction? No, thank you!
A little dietary smarts and some light weight lifting exercises will firm up your body in no time!
Lifting five to ten pound weights for 20-minute increments will not only increase lean muscle mass but help you burn calories through the night.
Reviewed January 2021
Subscribe to The Dollar Stretcher, our free twice-weekly newsletter aimed at helping you live better for less on the money you already have!
Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE!
- 7 Habits of Highly Frugal People
- 5 Simple Budget Cuts That Can Save $200 a Month
- How to Track Down Unclaimed Funds Owed You
- 32 Ways to Save Money on Your Utility Bills
- Do You Need Credit Life Insurance When Buying a New Car?
- How to Maximize Profits When Selling Online
- Staying Motivated to Continue Digging Yourself Out of Debt
- 9 Things You Need to Do Before You Retire
- You Didn’t Save Enough for Retirement and You’re 55+
- When Empty Nesters Reorganize and Declutter Their Home
- Reinventing Your Career in Your 50s or 60s
- What Mature Homeowners Should Know about Reverse Mortgages
- 2 Reasons to Collect Social Security Benefits As Soon As Possible