One more thing you can stop buying at the store
Flavored Coffee Creamers in Minutes!
by Kaylin White
Save Money by Roasting Coffee at Home
How to Ruin Coffee
Beat the High Cost of Coffee Shops
I love flavored coffee creamers! My grocery cart generally contains mainly store brands and economy sizes of most everything I purchase, but when it comes to my coffee, I don't skimp. We all need some little area of our lives where we can pamper ourselves and do something to remind ourselves that we matter, and are worth a little extra.
For years, I purchased flavored coffee creamers and syrups, until I found I can make my own flavored creamers, save money, and still have that fabulous pampered flavor in an economical homemade creamer which takes less than five minutes to throw together! Now I can afford to have several flavors on hand, and not feel even a little bit guilty about spending that extra little bit on something to pamper myself, because in reality I saved money! Keep lots on hand for yourself, and even give it away as gifts to friends too! I store it in recycled mayonnaise jars, which also work in giving as gifts- just cut a 9 inch circle of fabric, place over the lid and hold in place with a rubber band. Tie a ribbon or raffia bow over the rubber band, and you have a wonderful gift with that personal touch, and you have spent less than $2.00 to make it! Enjoy!
Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 3/4 cup Non-dairy Coffee Creamer
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar*
- 1/2 tsp. REAL Vanilla Extract or 1 tsp. **Imitation Vanilla Extract
Combine all ingredients in a pint sized jar. Shake well to blend. Store in a cool dry place, and use as with normal coffee creamer.
*Nutra-Sweet Spoonfuls or Sugar Twin may be substituted for the powdered sugar, to accommodate diabetic diets.
**Real Vanilla Extract is more potent, and lasts longer with a better flavor, and is highly recommended.
Get more free coffee creamer and coffee cake recipes by visiting RealFood4RealPeople.com. copyright 2001, Kaylin White/Real Food for Real People All Rights Reserved.
Take the Next Step:
- Discover frugal tips for making great coffee at home by visiting the Dollar Stretcher Library.
- Take a look at these thrifty flavored coffee recipes and creamers.
- Better than coupons. Shop smart with great cash back offers on your favorite brands at your favorite grocers. Join Ibotta today.
- Join those who 'live better...for less' - Subscribe to The Dollar Stretcher newsletter, a weekly look at how to stretch both your day and your dollar! Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE!
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.